200 Hour Teacher Training Program
Are you ready to take your yoga practice to the next level?
Has the thought of sharing your passion for yoga with others crossed your mind lately?
Are you looking to build a stronger sense of community in your life and find more like-minded people to share your energy with?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above then Healthletica’s Teacher Training Program may just be the perfect fit for you.
Our teachings coupled with practical hands-on experience are designed to provide you with the fundamental skills to begin a career as a successful Yoga Teacher or to simply go deeper with your own personal practice.
What you will learn:
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Functional anatomy and basics of yoga physiology
- Practical hands-on skills with all poses, non-verbal and verbal communication, demonstration skills, and Sanskrit pronunciation
- Mediation foundations, traditional chants, chakras, and pranayama skills
- How and when to use props, modifications, alignment cues – all while maintaining yoga flow in class
- How to design safe, effective, and informative sequences for beginners and more advanced students
- Advanced sequencing and the “art of teaching” with hands on adjustments and demonstrations
- Doshas – to achieve a holistic approach to teaching
- Ayurveda – the traditional Hindu system of medicine
- Nutrition fundamentals
- Business ethics of teaching yoga
- Overview of specialty classes such as pre-natal and children’s yoga
In-class component: 120hrs
Observation: 10hrs (or 8 classes) – 2 hatha, 2 vinyasa, 2 beginner, 2 yin or restorative, 2 classes of your choice
Personal practice: 70hrs (or 48 classes) – each class observed must be critiqued and blogged with learning outcomes from each class. To be handed in monthly or before the end of the course. Format will be outlined in class.
Personal journal: You will reflect on your journey through the YTT program – including your experience with the course and how it has influenced your life. To be completed before the end of the course.
- 6 months of FREE unlimited yoga at Healthletica during the program.
- 10% discount on hot yoga memberships and packages for your family (promo offers not included).
- Access to Healthletica’s Team of Mentors (trained in a variety of yoga styles and traditions) during and after the program.
- Access to our Teacher Apprentice Program (15 hours total) to enhance your teaching skills after the program.
- Guaranteed subbing or permanent opportunities for teaching at Healthletica for all graduates of the program.
- 1-2 modules/sessions can be made up if missed in the next scheduled teacher training program.
- Practical assessment class with feedback.
- Accredited school with Yoga Alliance.
- Yoga Certificate upon completion.
- All manuals included.
Program dates, times + cost:
Start Date: April 26 — End Date: July 14
Early bird registration by March 17, 2019 — $3500 + HST (save $100)
After March 17, 2019 – $3600 + HST
Payment plan will be available, please email us at email@example.com
Please contact us for more info.